Plenary 3: Domain Name
Topic: Outlook of the Domain Name Market
This session will provide an overview on the outlook of the domain name market. Speakers will discuss recent and upcoming industry trends. This session will further discuss updates and expected next steps for the round of new generic top-level domain (gTLD) applications, as well as how Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) may play an integral part. Current market players will also share their experiences on running a gTLD and consideration factors for prospective gTLD applicants.
- Thomas Kuiper, Director, Taiwan Trademark Association
- Edmon Chung, CEO, DotAsia Organisation
- Valerie Heng, Accounts Senior Manager, Global Domains and Strategy, ICANN
- David Liu, Chairman, Net-Chinese Co., Ltd
- Crystal Peterson, Sr. Director, Registry Operations and Account Management, GoDaddy Registry