- To strengthen the personal data protection registrants, TWNIC will revise some provisions of the Domain Name Registration Agreement and Personal Information Collection Statements (see Annex 1). The amendments will be effective on June 1, 2023.
- For the revised Domain Name Registration Agreement and Personal Information Collection Statements, please refer to: https://twnic.tw/en_dnservice_tp.php.
- In accordance with the above-mentioned amendments, TWNIC will adjust the WHOIS query results of .tw/.台灣(.xn--kpry57d) domain names from June 1, 2023.
- The Contact will be defaulted as non-disclosure. The adjustment of WHOIS query results is shown in Annex 2.
- The registrant can contact the registrar for the Contact disclosure or non-disclosure.
- The original Adjustment of the WHOIS service in response to the implementation of GDPR (https://blog.twnic.tw/en/2018/03/29/126/) from April 25, 2018 will be abolished after June 1, 2023.
- If you register a domain name as a company or organization, it is recommended to use contact information based on job role or organizational department, taking email as an example, such as email@example.com, instead of using a contact that can identify personal privacy Information.
Taiwan Network Information Center